Saturday, December 24, 2011

My very short wishlist


My Christmas Wish

There isn’t anything I need.  When I look at all that I have, beginning and ending with a family who loves me, I can only be thankful for the miracle they are to me.  While I miss them terribly and wish I could be home to see their smiles Christmas morning, I am confident the love and support we share will carry us all through.

There are some things I would ask for though, just a few this year:
I really want my wife and boys to have an enjoyable Christmas with family.  Take away their anxiety and worry and give them the confidence that all will be well, if just for today.  Give them lots of reasons to smile and laugh and make sure Rinni gets the inspiration to burst out in random song.

I really want all of the families back home who have loved ones deployed to know a bit of comfort today.  I want our military men and women, who are away from home for the first time during the holidays, to have a smile and an opportunity to talk to their loved ones.

I really want opportunities for all of the wonderful authors I’ve met these last months.  Give them a nudge of confidence when they’re tired or start to despair.  Help readers discover the magic of their stories.  Help Jeff continue to climb the charts, help Steve Market his amazing trilogy and help Shelli continue to touch hearts and souls with her incredible stories.  

I really want patience and peace for everyone.  We’ve been at this war for a long time and it’s really time to finish and send our people home.  Show our citizens the optimism and give them the resolve to overcome these difficult days at home, remind them what they are capable of with selfless resolve.  They’ve faced bigger challenges and met them head on – they can do it again.

It’s a list that gets shorter as I grow older but it seems like the tasks are more difficult.  Well, this is a time of miracles they say.  While there is nothing I need for myself, there are certainly a few things I wish for this Christmas.    

3 comments:

Brenda Wallace said...

Wow. Well said, Tom. Thanks for recreating the spirit of Christmas. Beautiful writing.

Brenda Wallace said...

Wow. Well said, Tom. Thank you for recreating the spirit of Christmas. Beautiful writing.

Richelle Nicole said...

You always make me burst out in song! I'll be singing tonight...Santa, put my love under the tree tonight, stuff him in your sack if he puts up a fight! He can serve some other day, I want my love home today! *twirls around*