Saturday, December 17, 2011

Be Silent


I’m restless, irritable and feeling a little like being isolated for a while.  There’s so much noise in my head at the moment, barely any room for thought when I’m out in the world.
Locked inside my silent sanctuary, I’m insulated from the senseless murmuring of things people cannot control yet bring on themselves.  

The whining from self-proclaimed victims is irrational and self-serving.  I am unnerved by the self-absorbed nature of so many; the tactless commentary of ‘woe is me’ in the faces of those of us who have endured quietly.  

The wasted energy is pointless, arrogant, selfish, but mostly laughable were I not so fed up with them.

Always measuring, assessing, comparing and ultimately complaining when the statistics do not favor them over others.  It’s their drama and bitching that has me agitated and itching.  Silence their buzzing in my ears, rid me of their noisy complaining or teach them the true meaning of traveling the hard road.

Open their eyes so they can understand what it is to endure, adapt, adjust and persevere…but quietly, humbly, with honor and integrity.  Open their eyes to see beyond themselves so they can know the load others carry without complaint; courageously, persistently moving forward with purpose in every step, and meaning in every word.

If they cannot see or will not hear then silence their jabbering in my ear, by any means.  I have a load to carry, a road to travel and their incessant buzzing is making my head ache.  

I am spent on compassion for the self absorbed, the self defeating, and the ever complaining whining few who would even gripe about a gnat’s hair out of place when all other options are expended.

Rid me of these tales of woe so that I can focus on the road and direction I must go.  Swat these silly flies, energy-sucking mosquitoes, leaches all; always ungrateful when I’m used up.  

I am used up, aggravated, agitated because they lack a care or awareness to know what it is the rest must do and have done without constraint or complaint.
 
I’m restless, eager to be on my way and away from the noise.  To harm’s way?  No, a quiet place inside that nurtures focus and stokes my resolve. It’s a place where others doggedly do their duty and share past hardships.  It’s a place that has no time for those who only see their own suffering, foster the unfairness done to them, or waste their time bitching rather than rolling up their sleeves and carrying on with the hard work left to do.

I choose to live life no matter the circumstances.  I choose to put forward the effort to increase my chance to accomplish.  I choose to move over, around, under or through the barriers in my path. 

Move forward or move on, my reserves for the weak and unwilling are empty. 

Be silent or be gone. 

No comments: